Hospital Discharge Support
Our hospital discharge support service helps you to minimise the length of time you need to spend in hospital and prevents unnecessary residential or nursing home admissions. We support you to help reduce any feelings of vulnerability and ensure you are back on your feet as soon as possible.
We can provide a range of services, including those to help you feel more secure, such as:
- Speaking with your family or close friends before or whilst you are in hospital. This enables us to establish what your needs will be when you return home
- Helping prepare your home ready for your return from hospital. This may include setting up your rooms to suit your needs after hospital
- Ongoing support in your home to accommodate your needs, including personal care, domestic support, healthcare support or even companionship.
We tailor our hospital discharge support to meet each individuals requirements and cover their specific needs.
Do I need hospital discharge support?
Hospital discharge support isn't just for elderly people, but for adults of all ages who want to return home after a treatment or an operation. Our service is there to provide short-term support until you are ready to return to your normal routine.
What are the benefits of hospital discharge support?
- Home based recovery - if you're going into hospital for a planned treatment or operation then you'll likely want to be discharged as soon as possible, but without help you may find it difficult to fulfil a number of everyday tasks straight away. Our service will aid a faster home recovery and improve your levels of independency.
- Intermediate care - our service is designed to provide you with short term support on your road to recovery
- Ongoing care - if you have ongoing health and social care needs then our hospital discharge support service is an excellent way for you to begin progressing onto medium and long term support packages.
- Tailored help - we alter our services to fit in with the specific needs of our clients. Each carer is trained to assist with a huge variety of everyday tasks in a friendly and efficient manner.
Leaving hospital after a stay can be a stressful situation. With our hospital discharge support we can do a food shop, turn your heating on or even clean your house ready for your discharge. We can collect you from the hospital and take you home and can arrange to continue to assist you until you feel ready to manage on your own.
We provide care in Bournemouth, Poole, Weymouth and Surrounding Areas.
Home Care Angels also have a rating of Good from the Care Quality Commission across all 5 key areas - Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive and Well-led.
We're here to help
Have any questions relating to hospital discharge support? Contact our team today and we'll help resolve your queries.