Learning Disabilities Care in Dorset
Learning disabilities affect people of all ages in diverse ways; they come in a range of forms and have different difficulties which require assistance tailored to the individual. Our staff are fully-trained to provide high quality care and support for those with learning disabilities using a personalised care package.
Why is care required for learning disabilities?
Learning disabilities are diverse and complex and affect approximately 1.5 million people in the UK. At their most basic level they cause those who have them to potentially struggle with some or all aspects of learning, everyday household tasks, or communication, to the point where they may require assistance.
The level of care required for each person with a learning disability therefore differs on a case by case basis; we take this into account when providing our care and will develop a personalised care package to suit the needs of you or your loved one, covering as much or as little support that is required.
What are the benefits of our learning disabilities care?
- Flexible support options for live-in care ranging from a few hours a week to full-time assistance.
- Our live-in care services mean that those with learning disabilities can stay in the comfort of their own home whilst receiving assistance from us.
- Helps with communication by helping patients form new and develop existing relationships.
- Care tailored to suit the specific requirements of you or your loved one, from assistance with cooking and cleaning to assistance with medication.
- It can be difficult for some people to admit that they need help in any aspect of their life, so we endeavour to give those in under our learning disabilities care the most independence possible and control over their own life.
We want all those living with learning disabilities to achieve whatever they set their mind to and our care is designed to help them do just that. Contact us for more information on how we can help.
At Home Care Angels we provide quality live-in care and domiciliary care for anyone who needs a caregiver in Bournemouth, Poole, Weymouth and the surrounding areas. We actively support and promote independent living by offering a range of flexible care options including day respite care, care respite support, hospital discharge support, nursing care, dementia care and learning disabilities care.